OriginPro is a software application with tools for data analysis, publication-quality graphing, and programming.
The following instructions are for installing OriginPro on non-Chemistry computers. To install OriginPro on a Chemistry computer please use the Software Center.
It is recommended that you uninstall any previous version(s) of Origin before you begin.
- Click here to download the latest OriginPro installer.
- Open the installer when it has finished downloading. If you see this message you need to right-click the installer file and choose Run as administrator.
- Proceed through the installation wizard. When you are prompted to install Product or Trial, select Install Product (requires serial number).
- Click Next and enter the serial number:
- Continue through the installation wizard. You should then see a progress window:
- If you see this message at the end of the installation select to restart your computer. Save any open documents before clicking Finish.
- When you first open Origin you should be prompted to select where User Files will be saved. Accept the default location or change it to your preference then click OK.
- You should now be asked to enter your Product Key:
- Click here to request a Product Key.
You should see the following OriginLab Web page:
If you already have an OriginLab Account enter your Oxford Email address and password.
If you do not have an account, click Create an account then fill in the form.
You must use your Oxford Email address.
- Click Request Product Key.
You should then receive an Email containing the Product Key.
- Copy and paste the Product Key in to the Origin License Activation window and click Activate.
You should now see a success message: